Postdoctoral researcher in water quality, Ethiopia
Apply by 30 May 2022
We are seeking a motivated and qualified person for the position of Postdoctoral researcher in water quality, with the Water & Land Resource Centre (WLRC) at Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
Please see the full job advert here.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be led by Dr Tena Alamirew and Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, WLRC, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. He/She will work within the Water Quality stream and will be required to:
- Manage and co-ordinate the integrated work towards understanding of water quality dynamics along the Awash River basin in Ethiopia.
- Manage and lead the research on integrated water quality dynamics along the Awash River,
- Assist workshops, meetings, and events with regard to water quality in REACH,
- Work collaboratively with scientists at WLRC and Oxford, and in collaboration with researchers on the Water Security Hub,
- Produce water quality related publications
- Organize stakeholder events on citizen science on water quality risk analysis
- Engage in creating REACH’s research linkages to policy and participation in the development of stakeholder engagement activities
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD degree in Environmental Science or Analytical Chemistry or Water Quality Management or Relevant field;
- Proven experience in systematic review of water quality related data
- Proven experience in hydrologic/hydraulic transport modeling
- Awareness of key challenges and policy gaps within the water quality management in Ethiopia;
- Proven experience in analysis for research using quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools and softwares.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for publication, present research results, and represent the research group;
- Excellent skill in leading and facilitating team work;
To apply, applicants are required to submit:
- A cover letter specifically addressing how the applicant meets the requirements listed above.
- Latest CV including the names and contact details of referees.
- Application can be send to REACH Ethiopia Country Manager Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
- Latest date of application 30 May 2022.
REACH is funded by the FCDO, UK, Hence the recruitment for this position will be in accordance with REACH Programme strategies including the Programme Gender Strategy and relevant guidance.
For further information contact Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, Tele +251 922822702; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org