Postdoctoral researcher in social science (qualitative), in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Apply by 25 May 2022
We are seeking a motivated and qualified person for the position of Postdoctoral researcher in social science (qualitative), with theWater & Land Resource Centre (WLRC)at Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
Please see the full job advert here.
The Postdoctoral Researcher (He/She) will work within the REACH Social Science team at the Water and Land Resource Centre (WLRC) and be required to:
- Individually lead and design social science research using qualitative methods, closely aligned with REACH research priorities to understand water security inequalities, especially in the Awash basin in pre-selected woreda(s): o Design data collection tools using qualitative methods;
- Undertake qualitative analyses;
- Frequent within-country travel to field site(s);
- Support with logistics of qualitative research led by senior researchers in WLRC and the University of Oxford, including hiring and training data collectors / enumerators;
- Advance research methodologies, ideas and materials independently and in collaboration with academic colleagues for high-quality research publications and presentations in public forums or academic conferences;
- Participate in workshops, meetings, and events for REACH;
- Engage with REACH’s research impact agenda including participation in the development of stakeholder engagement activities;
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD degree in social sciences/sociology/anthropology/development studies/international development or relevant field;
- Proven experience in leading qualitative data collection;
- Awareness of key issues and ideas within the social development agenda in Ethiopia;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for publication, present research results, and represent the research group.
- An established publication record.
- [Desirable] Knowledge of Afaan Oromo and/or Afar languages, in addition to Amharic.
To apply, applicants are required to submit:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of at least two referees.
- A cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the requirements listed above.
Applications should be addressed to before 25 May 2022: –
- Professor Katrina Charles, Email: Katrina.email@example.com; &
- Dr Catherine Grasham, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; &
- Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, Email: email@example.com;
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.