Anti-racism Temporary Research Assistant
Apply by 29 January 2021 | Short term until the end of March
REACH in collaboration with the School of Geography and the Environment at the University of Oxford are seeking a Temporary Research Assistant to develop a code of conduct for ethical and anti-racist practices in research fieldwork. Specifically, this would involve:
- Produce a ‘Gap Analysis’ that explains the best practice for ethical and anti-racist practices in research fieldwork by international standards, and where there is room for improvement within the School of Geography and the Environment and the Social Science Division at the University of Oxford.
- Co-develop a Code of Conduct (CoC) for ethical and anti-racist practices in research fieldwork, with experienced fieldworkers in the department.
We expect that each of these two tasks will take 35 hours to complete. You will be free to do this work whenever you wish, provided the work is complete by the end of March 2021.
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen interest in promoting anti-racist and ethical practices in research, especially fieldwork
- Previous experience of conducting fieldwork for data collection – Strong skills in qualitative analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- The right to work in the UK.
More information about the role, and how to apply.
Application closing date: 5PM on 29 January 2021.