The REACH programme is led by Oxford University and brings together a consortium of global leaders in water science, policy and practice.
Oxford University research team
The research team at Oxford University draws on interdisciplinary expertise from the Oxford Water Network with researchers from the following departments:
- School of Geography and the Environment, including the Environmental Change Institute and the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment
- Department of Engineering Science, including the Institute of Biomedical Engineering
- Oxford Department of International Development, including Refugee Studies Centre
- School of Anthropology and Museum Ethnography (Institute for Science, Innovation and Society)
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Politics and International Relations, including African Studies Centre.
Programme management team
The programme management team in Oxford (see below) oversees the direction, delivery and day-to-day running of the programme:
Contact us if you would like to find out more about the
programme at email@example.com
UNICEF is our global practitioner partner. UNICEF has over 100 offices worldwide and a global mandate to improve water supply, sanitation and hygiene for the poor, particularly women and children.
Our global partnership also includes: International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), International Water Association (IWA), Skat Foundation hosting the Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN), and IRC.
Our research is a collaboration with expert national research institutions in Africa and South Asia:
- Ethiopia: Water and Land Resource Centre (WLRC), Addis Ababa University
Contact: Dr Meron Terefi Taye, REACH Ethiopia Programme Manager
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), University of Dhaka, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b)
Contact: Md. Muammer Jumlad, REACH Bangladesh Coordinator
- Kenya: Institute for Climate Change and Adaptation, University of Nairobi
Contact: Dr Daniel Olago, REACH Principal Investigator, Kenya